A lot of people have asked me lately how married life is. Eddie and I typically both respond with—“Great!” And I think it really is great. As I sit here trying to think—how is married life, really—I am at a loss for words. It is fun—a lot of fun. It is hard, but worth it. It is laughter—I feel like I am always laughing. It is challenging—but what relationship isn’t sometimes. It is learning—and I’ve always loved learning. It is adapting—we’ve had to changing from thinking of one’s self to thinking of us as one. It is adjusting—I think the hardest adjustment was learning to sleep with someone else in the bed. It is serving—and growing in the process. It is funny—I think every day something new happens that cracks me up.
Though at times, I still think it’s odd that we are sharing this life together. I do feel married. And I definitely feel loved. I feel taken care of. I feel happy. I feel hopeful. I feel encouraged. So overall, I would say married life is . . . GREAT!
I'm so glad you have a blog! I will stalk you now also! So glad that married life is a ball. I was so sad to miss your wedding. At the last minute Joel had to go out of town and I wasn't up for bringing a toddler by myself! Mucho love!
ReplyDelete