Picking out the puppy was easy. I knew exactly which one I wanted. But naming the puppy is hardwork! I don't think Eddie understands my dilemma, but I keep thinking this is the name that we will call this puppy forever. . . . forever . . . people are always telling stories of their old dog. Over the last few days I had compiled a list of names. I took some names from possible baby name lists and from websites. And last night Eddie and I sat down and one by one we each crossed of our least favorite name until we were down to just a few. We used to play this game when deciding where to eat or what to do on a date. The whole game was hard, b/c I had compiled the list and so I had at least somewhat liked every name on it. I crossed off one name and Eddie gasped, b/c that was the name he was hoping for. And so I added the name back, which is probably the first mistake. Second mistake was that I had been pronouncing one name differently than Eddie had been pronouncing it. I admit Eddie's pronunciation was correct, but had I been saying it that way all along, I would have marked it off. And so the game didn't work . . . at least for me. I have a new list for Eddie tonight (we'll see how he likes that), and this one includes my list of yes, no, and maybe names. Stay tuned for our puppy's name!
P.S. The attached picture is not the picture of our puppy, though she looks very similar.
No comments:
Post a Comment